Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRIVING FOR REVIVAL OF PAKISTAN'S AIR-COOLED VW HERITAGE SINCE 2013

HomeHome  PACVWR PortalPACVWR Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  TechnicalTechnical  BlogBlog  Parts ShopParts Shop  RegisterRegister  Log in  Make a DonationMake a Donation  

PACVWR ADVERTS

Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts Web Resources

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rustbus
Super Moderator
rustbus

Westfalia - Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts Web Resources Empty
PostSubject: Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts Web Resources   Westfalia - Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts Web Resources EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 pm

With purchase decision of a Westfalia trailer for my VW collection, I had to embark on a journey to explore more about these little but rare collectibles. To my surprise, there is not much on the subject that can be easily found on the "www". No proper documentation/brochures available online anywhere (not even on the Samba), or a solid/consistent source of parts either.

Collectors seemed rare and the restoration parts even rarer. Still had to go ahead with buying my first ever Westfalia trailer (or any kind of trailer for that matter) so ended up buying this 1976 Westfaila 'Essen' Trailer, which needs restoration as soon as it arrives (its on its way to Pakistan at the moment).

The 'only' organised effort that I could find anywhere on the "www" on the subject and to somehow bring together the trailer collectors was made by this gentleman, Erick Sowder aka VW JUNKY @ the Samba, who has put together this Facebook Group called Westfalia Trailers/Anhanger/Caravan

Erick is doing what could have been done long ago, putting pieces of puzzles together, hunting far and wide and trying to organize the related information on the subject of Westfalia trailers.

So that's about the man. Now lets talk about the businesses who are doing their bit to make hard to find restoration parts available for Westfalia trailers. You would be pretty disappointed to know that there are very few. I am listing (for the moment) a couple which I found most organised/consistent in their efforts to provide restoration parts:

Netherlands: Mike de Rooy of westytrailers.com aka Mike R @ the Samba, Michel aka Globusoverland @ the Samba
USA: Alex of so23westfalia.com
Belgium: (For Westfalia Blank ID Tags) Bob of Belgium aka bob1 @ the Samba
UK: Stuart of westfaliasparesuk.com
Germany: herrzyp.de

More I would post as I go and I come across.

MOD Edit:
Post now "Pinned". All contributors to this post contributing web resources on Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts would be credited by the Admin on the Thre
ad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacvwr.com/

Westfalia Trailers Restoration Parts Web Resources

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1