Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRIVING FOR REVIVAL OF PAKISTAN'S AIR-COOLED VW HERITAGE SINCE 2013

HomeHome  PACVWR PortalPACVWR Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  TechnicalTechnical  BlogBlog  Parts ShopParts Shop  RegisterRegister  Log in  Make a DonationMake a Donation  

PACVWR ADVERTS

Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rustbus
Super Moderator
rustbus

Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  Empty
PostSubject: Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources    Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Many of the VW 181/182 enthusiasts among us suffer the scarcity of Thing/Trekker/Safari Parts (i.e. more than Beetle enthusiasts) during restorations. Some web resources such as The Thing Shop or Thing Parts dot Com or Kublemann's ROMTOC are pretty familiar but mostly, that is about it.

To tell you the fact, there is more to it than just the above listed suppliers. So I thought it would be a great idea to consolidate all the known (by me) VW181/182 Parts Web Resources in one single place to help ppl find the parts they would be requiring for their VW181/182 restorations. So here are a few listed down below:

Germany: Baltic-Kaefer, VW Teile Ralf Kurschewitz, Die Kuebelecke, (For Lockable Door Map Pockets & more Metal Parts) Maik Potter/u-m-p.de
U.S.: The Thing Shop, Thing Parts dot Com, Kublemann's ROMTOC, German Motorworks, Das Tank,  Anthony Basso's Swiss Cheese Mats
France: U.S. Off Road Center, (For Set of Side Window Curtains) MecaUnik
Belgium: (For Common Parts with VW ILTIS) ETS Sonnet
U.K.: Parts Empoirum, (For Full Restoration Stainless Steel Bolt Kit) VolksBolts
Denmark: (For Convertible Top Mechnism Resto Rivets) Killer Products

Will edit this post shortly, have to organize the resources a little better in my own directory before I could post these here. Stay tuned.

MOD Edit:
Post now "Pinned". All contributors to this post contributing web resources on VW181 Restoration Parts would be credited by the Admin on the Thread.

Last edited by rustbus on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacvwr.com/
rustbus
Super Moderator
rustbus

PostSubject: Air-Cooled Type-181/182 Parts Manual & Parts Interchangeability    Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 am

Before you could use any of the above Restoration Parts Web Resources, you would need to find its original VW Part # to be 100% sure that you're ordering the part that you need. For this purpose you can refer to VW181/182 Parts Manual located here: VW181/182 Parts Manual

Some very valuable information on the subject of VW181/182 Parts Interchangeability with other Aircooled VW models is located here: VW181/182 Parts Interchangeability Guide & here: Beetle to Thing Swapable Brake Parts
Back to top Go down
rustbus
Super Moderator
rustbus

PostSubject: Individual VW181/182 Parts/Services Suppliers   Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

In addition to the above suppliers there are different individuals/family businesses which are supplying both VW181/182 parts as well as services and are respected for the same in the global VW181 circle. I am listing a few of them here for all of us, in case someone is looking to do business with them;

For Specialized Wiper Motor/Assembly Restoration: Frank Walling / USA aka Al Capulco @ the samba
For Repro Hand Crank Handle: Chad / USA aka ezcamper @ the samba
For Repro Custom Exhaust/Muffler: RON of Car Craft Store / USA
Back to top Go down
rustbus
Super Moderator
rustbus

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources    Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 pm

reezvaan wrote:
In addition to the above suppliers there are different individuals/family businesses which are supplying both VW181/182 parts as well as services and are respected for the same in the global VW181 circle. I am listing a few of them here for all of us, in case someone is looking to do business with them;

For Specialized Wiper Motor/Assembly Restoration: Frank Walling / USA aka Al Capulco @ the samba
For Repro Hand Crank Handle: Chad / USA aka ezcamper @ the samba
For Repro Custom Exhaust/Muffler: RON of Car Craft Store / USA

Another addition to this list, that I forgot to include previously:

For Exact Reproduction Military Shovel & Military Axe Tip: Our French friend (And also a known 181 enthusiast of 181spirit.com) Guy Haben (email: guy.haben@worldonline.fr)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources    Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources  Empty

Back to top Go down

Volkswagen Type-181/182 Restoration Parts Web Resources

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1